Forward to next post: What if New York City gets socked by a category-3 hurricane?
…are the opening lines of Dark Prince (Del Rey, 1993; reprinted 2007) by David Gemmell (The golden-haired child sat alone, as he usually did, and wondered whether his father would die that day….) and Of Atlantis (Roval Publishing, 2007) by Lanaia Lee (The golden-haired child sat alone, as he usually did, and wondered whether his Father would die today….).
10. Don’t claim the dog did it. We all know that all but a very few dogs, maybe none other than Underdog, is capable of the task because they have no opposable thumbs. In fact, blaming it on any animal makes us suspect unless it is one of the gorillas studied by Dian Fossey.
7. Don’t set up a website and post the plagiaristic material. If it is on the web, someone is bound to find it, particularly when google indexes it.
6. Don’t do interviews. Again, the more people that hear about you, the more likely that your stealing will be sussed out. Try to rip as many people off before the gig is up.
…and continue, devastatingly and hilariously, in that vein.
“I write because I feel each person has something unique to share with the world and writing is my gift to share” says Lanaia on her web page. There we learn that Of Atlantis …
…first book of a five book fantasy series, will be released this fall, watch for it! Read an except. Publisher: Roval Publishing.
Five book fantasy series? By golly! Dark Prince was the second volume of a five-book alternate history series. Coincidences never stop, do they?
* Respect — We respect you as a writer always.
* Responsibility — We embrace the responsibility to bring your work to publication.
* Commitment — We are totally committed to you as an author.
* Ownership — We recognize and endorse that YOU own the work.
* Quality — We strive for a quality product that you can be proud of.
Just in case Lanaia’s website suddenly and mysteriously goes down or gets changed, here are a couple of screen shots:
|From Lanaia’s front page.|
|The prologue from Of Atlantis.|
|The first page from Dark Prince.|