Random Plot Generator
You can hit your browser's Reload button for another set of plot
ideas, though that's not the point of the exercise.
- Advice for the Evil Overlord:
- If I'm eating dinner with the hero, put poison in his goblet, then have to leave the table for any reason, I will order new drinks for both of us instead of trying to decide whether or not to switch with him.
- Advice for the Starship Captain:
- Before letting crewmembers take leave on a planet, I will ensure that they are welcome and that its government recognizes concepts like Rule of Law, Trial by Jury, Presumption of Innocence, and so forth. I will also check out the local laws so that none of my crew ends up on death row for scratching his nose in public or some other stupid thing.
- Advice for the Bad Auxiliary Character (Evil Overlord's Wicked but Beautiful Daughter):
- Don't wear dresses with high, fan-like collars. Stick with close-fitting, simple little numbers that let you turn your head to see behind you. If for some reason you have to wear a dress with a high collar, there's an arcane device called a "mirror" that will help you watch your back.
- Advice for the Good Auxiliary Character (Innocent Bystander):
- If someone chasing after someone else asks you to catch the latter, feign incomprehension. If you comply, you'll either catch the hero (and thereby play into the villain's hands), or catch the villain (who will waste you or use you as a hostage).
- Further Evil (Advice on Ultimate Weapons/Spells):
- Any Ultimate Weapon that requires assembly of five components scattered to the four corners of the earth can be made in my private laboratory with three times the security in probably half the time.
Murphy's Laws of Combat:
- The only time suppressive fire works is when it is used on abandoned positions.
- There is no such thing as an atheist in a foxhole.
- The enemy diversion you're ignoring is the main attack.
- Sniper's motto: reach out and touch someone.
- If at first you don't succeed, call in an air-strike.
- If only one solution can be found for a field problem, then it is usually a stupid solution.
Evil Overlord Plot Generator © Teresa Nielsen Hayden
Evil Overlord and Murphy's Laws of Combat lists not copyrighted by us.
PHP programming and implementation by Avram Grumer.