Random Plot Generator
You can hit your browser's Reload button for another set of plot
ideas, though that's not the point of the exercise.
- Advice for the Evil Overlord:
- My pet monster will be kept in a secure cage from which it cannot escape and into which I could not accidentally stumble.
- Advice for the Hero:
- When I and my companions sneak into the Evil Overlord's stronghold through some unorthodox route such as the main drain, and it appears to be completely unguarded, we will stop and discuss possible explanations for that observation, rather than simply praising our good luck and pressing blithely on.
- Advice for the Bad Auxiliary Character (Evil Overlord's Accountant):
- Keep a fifth set of books, listing the locations and passwords for a small portion of the Evil Overlord's loot, in the form of unmarked and untraceable cash. Use this information to set yourself up for retirement after the Evil Overlord is overthrown.
- Advice for the Good Auxiliary Character (Innocent Bystander):
- When a Bad Guy uses you for a human shield, certain delicate areas of his body are in striking range of your heel. Go for it.
- Further Evil (Advice for the Evil Empress):
- If I must enlist the powers of the netherworlds I will first bone up on contract law. My own soul, mind, and/or (especially) body will never be negotiable.
Murphy's Laws of Combat:
- Nothing ever goes away.
- The side with the fanciest uniforms loses.
- Friendly fire isn't.
- Once you open a can of worms, the only way to recan them is to use a larger can.
- The most delicate component will be dropped.
- In crises that force people to choose among alternative courses of action, most people will choose the worst one possible.
Evil Overlord Plot Generator © Teresa Nielsen Hayden
Evil Overlord and Murphy's Laws of Combat lists not copyrighted by us.
PHP programming and implementation by Avram Grumer.